No Lost Time Injury (LTI)
since October 1, 2018!
Our previous LTI record was 3,065
days, from September 9, 2009 to January 29, 2018.
American Bottoms is committed to
the safety and welfare of its employees and the community.
To achieve this commitment to safety,
the company and its employees:
- Conduct business operations in full compliance with all
federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Follow legal and regulatory guidelines, and develop standards
where laws and regulations are not adequately protective.
- Conduct business operations compliant with industry codes,
standards, and Generally Accepted Safe Work Practices.
- Supply all personal protective clothing, equipment, and tools
to all plant employees
- Maintain and follow safety training programs so all employees
know, understand, and follow the laws, regulations, and company
- Maintain and follow an Accident Prevention and Occupational
Health program to safeguard employees, customers and the public
from injuries and hazards, all while continuing normal
- Discontinue any operation that cannot be conducted in a manner
consistent with this policy.
- Take all necessary actions, including discipline, to fulfill
It is the responsibility of each and
every employee to adhere to the spirit as well as the letter of
this policy. The concern for safety must never be viewed as
burdensome or unnecessary. Safety must be an integral part of
everyone's work habits. All employees have a responsibility
to stay informed about health and safety matters, and to promptly
advise their immediate supervisor of any adverse situation that
comes to their attention.
American Bottoms has developed an
Employee Health & Safety Program to ensure that its employees,
as well as contractors and visitors to the facility, have a safe
environment in which to work. It is our policy to maintain a
Safety & Health program conforming to the best practices within
our industry. Occupational hazards are minimized, and safe
practices and procedures are established to eliminate accidents and
injuries. Employees are continually made aware of the hazards
and how to protect themselves and others from harm. The
cooperation and commitment of employees at all levels within the
organization is what makes this program a success.
Safety is the foundation of
the company's culture.